Wednesday, August 8, 2007

week 4, thing 9: merlin

I didn't have too much time to spend exploring Merlin, but I did subscribe to the Merlin feed. Seems like the Learning Links components are concise, clear definitions and examples of different web tools and sites.

I think that the importance of sites like this will be to help us keep up with our patrons. Not just the ones who come into the branch, but also the ones we serve online (while I am working on this, I am also monitoring askusnow). While it's not going to happen overnight, the public's skills with computers will rise and we're going to have to be at least familiar with navigation/operation of the tools they are using (who hasn't gotten used to myspace, whether they like it or not?).

look at this ill librarian strollin'! tha kid is chillin'!

No comments: