Thursday, August 9, 2007

week 8, things 18 and 19: google docs

a few haiku from the masters

In the spring rain,

All things grow beautiful

- Chiyo-Ni

Like the morning glory

How fleeting is my life

Today... and then...?

- Moritake

Without my journey,

And without the spring,

I would have missed this dawn.

- Shiki

At the ancient pond

A frog jumped

With a splash.

- Basho

If seen by day

A firefly

Is just a red-necked bug.

- Basho

All from "The Moon in the Pines: Zen Haiku." Johnathan Clements. Viking Studio; 2000.



I used Google docs to jot a few of these down, just to get familiar with sharing and posting. It was pretty interesting to be working in Googledocs, then to click on post and have it automatically published on my blog. Another one of the benefits when you have a wide array of online services - you give users the convenience of not having to do a lot of work to share their work within your partner services.

No comments: